Thursday, January 31, 2019

Free Scrappy Pattern.


A quilter on a  Facebook group was looking for inspiration and ideas  to use up 2.5 inch squares and one of the suggestion was the quilt shown below.  I hadn't seen this before so thought I would share it with you.  It is called Film at Five and it appears to be quite easy.  I think you could also increase the blocks size a little if you wanted.   Here is a link to one person's tutorial.  There are others on line as well.  I believe it to be copyright free so you can make it without permission.  https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/tutorial-film-at-five-quilt/


It is still very cold here but supposed to warm up for the weekend.  I have my large batik quilt on the frame as well as a miniature quilt set up for hand quilting.  The latter is for a customer and I haven't done much hand quilting for a while so have to do a practice bit first.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I made that quilt - I think it is called Film Strip - using some wild, cool fabrics for the large centers and Michael Miller Fairy Frosts for the smaller squares. Fun quilt to make!

    ReplyDelete