Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Getaway Blog Hop

Today is the big day-my turn to write my blog hop post.Island Batik Getaway blog hop
  I had such a great time working with these wonderful Island Batik fabrics.  When I opened the package and saw the beautiful colours and patterns, I knew I wanted to do something special.  Most of our IB challenges  result in wall hangings or something even smaller but that wasn't going to do this time.  I decided on a queen sized quilt.  I was given so much fabric that I didn't worry about not having enough.  I did use one of the blenders for the  background but everything else is from the Elk Lodge line.
I wanted to use a block with a plain centre to show off the focus fabric so I chose to combine Shoofly and Grecian Square  I like the way the fabrics blend into each other and yet still hold their own.
I have been waiting for the batting and a replacement part for my long arm so wasn't able to get the top quilted.  Both arrived today so I am looking forward to getting it on the frame.  I will post more photos when it is finished.  I will be using Hobbs batting as usual (it is the only brand I use as I know I can depend on its quality) and Aurifil thread.
It was hard getting a good photo as the top was much larger than my design wall and there is too much snow to put it on the clothes line which is my normal place for the larger ones.  I have, therefore, taken a few so you can see how well the fabrics play together.




Don't forget to enter your name in the comments to be eligible for the draw.  You will win a selection of the fabrics I used in this quilt.  A reminder:  you must be a follower of this blog so sign up now.  Just click the link on the right side of this post,
blessings,












Getaway Blog Hop Schedule

WEEK 1

Monday, January 7 – Crystal Ball

Maryellen McAuliffe –Mary Mack’s Blog
Sandra Walker- mmm! quilts

Tuesday, January 8 – Ditty

Stephanie Jacobson –Steph Jacobson Designs
Michelle Roberts- Creative Blonde

Wednesday, January 9 – Elk Lodge

Connie Kresin Campbell – Free Motion by the River
Anna Branch –Ark Angel Creations

Thursday, January 10 – Feline Fine

Bea Lee –Bea Quilter
Sharon Parcel- Yellow Cat Designs

Friday, January 11 – Flea Market

Geraldine Wilkins – Living Water Quilter
Jessica Caldwell- Desert Bloom Quilting

WEEK 2

Monday, January 14 – Fortune Teller

Sarah Goer –Sarah Goer Quilts
Sherry Shish –Powered by Quilting
Jennifer Fulton –The Inquiring Quilter

Tuesday, January 15 – Gypsy Rose

Jen Strauser –Dizzy Quilter
Janet Yamamoto- Whispers of Yore

Wednesday, January 16 – Paisley Park

Dione Gardner-Stephen- Clever Chameleon
Nancy Scott –Masterpiece Quilting

Thursday, January 17 – Soul Song

Carole Lyles Shaw- Carol Lyles Shaw
Toby Lischko –Gateway Quilts & Stuff

Friday, January 18 – Twilight Chic

Jackie OBrien –If These Threads Could Talk
Tina Dillard- Quilting Affection

WEEK 3

Monday, January 21 – Winter Park

Jennifer Thomas- Curlicue Creations
Anita Skjellanger- Quilt In a Not Shell

Tuesday, January 22 – Bazaar

Karen Overton- The Quilt Rambler
Alison Vermilya- Little Bunny Quilts
Turid Bakken- Den syende himmel

Wednesday, January 23 – Blossom

Karen Neary –Sew Karen-ly Created
Leanne Parsons –Devoted Quilter

Thursday, January 24 – Boho

Laura Piland- Slice of Pi Quilts
Suzy Webster- Adventurous Applique and Quilting
Myra Barnes- Busy Hands Quilts

Friday, January 25 – Brookview

Vicki Schlimmer –Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
Amy Warner –Sew Incredibly Crazy

WEEK 4

Monday, January 28 – French Blue

Pamela Boatright –PamelaQuilts
Joyce Mullis –Hearts Creations

Tuesday, January 29 – Midsummer Night

Kathleen McCormick –Kathleen McMusing
Connie Kauffman – Kauffman Designs

Wednesday, January 30 – Oh Deer

Jen Shaffer- Patterns by Jen
Jeanette Jones –Inchworm Fabrics

Thursday, January 31 – Snow Berry

Sally Mannke –Sally Manke Fiber Artist
Joan Kawano –Moosestash Quilting

Friday, February 1 – Candy Cane Lane and Icicle

Icicle
Terri Vanden Bosch – Meanderings along Lizard Creek
Anne Wiens –Sweetgrass Creative Designs
Candy Cane Lane
Mania Hatziioannidi –Mania For Quilts
Barbara Gaddy –Bejeweled Quilts by Barb




65 comments:

  1. You certainly chose a beautiful block to showcase the fabrics. Love the colours, and your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful, Anna! These are my favorite colors and you did them justice with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect quilt for fireside cozy evening. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! This is going to look so great on your bed!! I'm looking forward to seeing it quilted and bound! Thanks for being willing to give up your extra fabric...who doesn't want to win some beautiful Island Batik fabric??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anna and Thank You for hopping. Your quilt is gorgeous. Island Batik fabrics are delightful. I do not quilt...yet...however I have followed Connie Kresin for many years and I, too, admire her very much. 2019 Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely group of fabrics. I like what you did with them.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love the rich colors in this collection. Your quilt design shows it off very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I love how the colours work so nicely! It’s a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful fabrics and a great quilt design to showcase the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is so beautiful! Awesome colors! Enjoy your day! :-) :-) angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of work in this one. Someone is going to be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Batiks make a beautiful quilt. Following with Bloglovin'. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Island Batik fabrics are always beautiful and this line lives up to that. The pattern you chose is a very nice one and I like that you made a bed-sized quilt. Very attractive and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. The struggle is real when the weather doesn't cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors of these fabrics play together so well. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these colors!
    lstangl482 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your quilt!!
    shawm@rogers.com
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt turned out great! I appreciate the masculine nature of the fabric line as well, as it is often challenging to find lines for men that aren't sports oriented. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice. I look forward to your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anna... Your quilt is beautiful. -- soparkaveataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty anna ty for sharing your talents with us... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful! I have a batik quilt on one bed in my house and I just love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The colors in this quilt just dance! I love it. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful quilt! Batiks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely use of the
    fabric for your quilt,
    so pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the way you used the batiks. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Batiks are such gorgeous fabrics, they make quilts a treasure.
    djcutting2(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful quilt. I really love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Elk Lodge, I can see this on a chair by the fire in the mountains, the Elk outside,looking in to see if there are any tasty morsels for them. It is so beautiful. Maybe one would come inside,like the moose did in Alaska recently.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This quilt with Elk Lodge turned out beautifully! Well done. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderfuk quilt and I look forward to seeing it quilted. You made great use of beautiful fabric (ambassador so no entry pls).

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the Elk Lodge collection. Your quilt is beautiful!
    nikilsend(at)outlook(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really pretty! Looks great in those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful quilt! You are very talented. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the quilt - it looks so good with these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really love this quilt! The pattern is perfect with these beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The fabric is wonderful and so is your quilt. Always enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This collection is so perfect for the outdoor enthusiasts in my life. Your quilt really makes great use of the complementary colors.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely quilt! Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your quilt is beautiful, Anna! Those colors do play very well together. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love when these batiks look like tiles, and your choice of pattern really emphasizes that beautifully. Well done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful work!!! mumbird3atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  43. The pattern you used brings out the beauty of those fabrics. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very pretty thanks for sharing and the giveaway
    cork@pa.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a pretty quilt, I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your quilt looks great and showcases these fabrics nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the colors in this line. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your quilt is lovely, I really like your pattern. I look forward to seeing what you do for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  49. A lovely finish indeed. I follow you in my RSS reader.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Same fabric but a totally different look. Good design choice that showcases the fabric motifs. I don't usually think of any batik lineline a woodsy outdoor theme.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Glorious quilt - it'll be another treat for us when the snow leaves you and we can see it in all it's splendor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Pretty fabric and a pretty quilt! I’m a new follower and I’m looking forward to learning and seeing all these beautiful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Simple design that really lets those pretty fabrics shine! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a great way to show off a lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful. Great pattern to showcase these fabrics. Great work!

    ReplyDelete