Monday, January 28, 2019

Customer Quilts Finished.

We continue to experience very cold weather.  Hubby had to give my car a boost this morning so I could get to quilt group.  I might have given it a pass except I had to get my customer quilts to a lady who was going to take them to another lady who was going to take them to Toronto area with her.  Did that make sense?  As soon as I got to the Legion where we meet, I turned off the car and then tried to restart.  Nothing.  Obviously something was loose again.  
I took advantage of all the tables to spread out the quilts and trim all the stray threads so they were ready for delivery.  Just as I was finishing that , my friend called to say she was going to leave for the city early because of the predicted bad weather.  Another lady drove me there, (I am blessed with lots of really good friends)  I handed over the quilts and then we came back to try to start the car.  I finally had to call my husband and, naturally, I had no soon done that than a man came over to offer assistance.  What is it with men and cars? As soon as he put the cables on his vehicle, my car started.  Poor hubby was going to have a useless trip.  My car still didn't restart after we got home so I guess my dear one is going to have to do some investigating to see that is loose.
Tomorrow, I am going to finish organizing my fabric and get ready for another quilt.  There is a glare on one side of the photo, but this is one of the customer quilts.  Thanks to hubby for holding it for me.




QuiltE has some more storage ideas to share:

To add to Denise's filing cabinet idea ... put a top on it as your cutting table. A pair or four would make for even more space! The height won't be right, so you'll have some extra slide-in storage space between the filing cabinet(s) top and the table top. Great place to slide in our big quilting rulers. Or batting. Or plastic storage boxes for WIP projects!

If you have a Habitat for Humanity ReUse store nearby, check it for your filing cabinets or other storage possibilities. Years ago, I was in one that had dressers with good slides from a high-end hotel that was doing a total re-do. They would have been perfect for fabric storage. Thought of it at the time, but convinced myself against it. Yes ... I have often wished I had snagged a whole bunch of them and got rid of my eclectic storage mix.

Green Tape ... I use scads of it in the quilting room! Mark the ends of my fabric totes, with the colour to be found inside. Non-storage but quilting uses ... tape the edge of backings to table as I make sandwiches, wrap around leftover binding with the measurement noted, any extra notes I want on my machine about settings or WHY, and more!

And last but by no means least, I have to share this method of clearing the snow from a satellite dish.


. You are lucky you can reach your satellite dish...I have to use a super-soaker water gun or throw pots filled with hot water up at it (and be very careful not to get soaked in the process!).

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I feel your pain, I hate it when my car wont start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter and cars, oh boy! We were having the same issues with ours, new battery no less! It's just too blasted cold! Just a quick fyi.... For emergency use, I bought my husband a Halo Bolt charger, best toy ever! It's a portable battery charger, you don't need to call anyone, one person operation, starts car immediately! Has come in very handy this Winter! You might want to check it out:) For $99 it sure has saved us a lot of unnecessary trips! Good luck and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought. I believe we have one but it isn't in my car. Will have to ask hubby. If we don't have one, I will get one for sure. thanks for the idea.

      Delete