Wednesday, January 23, 2019

More Organizing

I have got a lot more fabrics organized but, every time I think I am done, I find more.  However, I am keeping at it.  I have almost finished the last top on my agenda so then I can put away the left overs from it.  I have been looking at a storage unit available at Walmart.  It is wire cubes that can be put together in whatever format works.  I already have a half set that I got at a thrift store and I really like it.  The price is reasonable so I will pick one up when I do my next shopping.
I put up the ironing board to dewrinkle fabric that was using for backing.  



 I didn't put it away again immediately and this is the result.  There are two tops in there that are going to be quilted right away so this mess will be rectified.  Honest.
 This is the method I have been using to store the fabric.  Fold fabric to appropriate size, lay on table and place cardboard on top.
Wrap fabric around the board until you reach the end, fasten with a pin or slip an appropriate sized circle of elastic around it.

We had quite a bit of snow today.  I had to go out around 4 p.m. to sweep the accumulation from my internet satellite.  I am glad I have knee high boots.  I still got some snow on my pants but not much.  I trimmed the hair on wee Heidi's feet this evening as they were getting snow matted.  Hopefully, this will alleviate the need for foot baths  to get rid of the snow balls.
Off to a friends for quilting tomorrow.  I am taking something that I started a few months ago.  I don't want to begin a new project until I have finished some of the old.  I know I say that every year but even a couple done is a couple done.
blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Great progress on stashing the stash!
    Green painter's tape works great to hold the fabric in place when folding onto boards. I mostly shop from my stash, so the tape also is used to note the yardage for all pieces over one metre. I know straight away whether it is a realistic option ... or not! :)

    Lucky you, that you can reach your satellite dish to clean it off. When mine gets snowed "out", it is beyond reach, without a ladder. Stay warm ... and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have much room for storing fabric therefor I can't collect much. My stash consists of a drawer with fabric wrapped around cardboard. The stood on the side like files. I have thought about purchasing a horizontal file cabinet, the one's with 2 long drawers. Then folding and hanging my fabric from the hanging files.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organization is a never-ending quest for the creative!! I'd love to see what you are going to get from Walmart that will help. You are lucky you can reach your satellite dish...I have to use a super-soaker water gun or throw pots filled with hot water up at it (and be very careful not to get soaked in the process!).

    ReplyDelete