Monday, February 4, 2019

Is It Worth It?

It is pouring rain here in the woods.  The day started with freezing rain, turned to drizzle and then became a steady rain.  The temperatures are supposed to drop through the night which will make for interesting road conditions tomorrow.  We have to leave quite early in the morning to get to a hospital north of us for my appointment.  It should be okay when we get to the highway but our back road will no doubt be a challenge.  We will be giving ourselves lots of extra time so there won't be a need to rush.
Wee Heidi will be staying at a friends as it is going to be a long day.  I  have packed her kit and now have to do ours.
All this is one of the conditions of living in the country.  Driving at least  hour to a hospital is the norm.  Is living in an area like this worth the challenges?  You bet.  Every area has draw backs.  Large communities deal with noise and crime which are  lot more serious than putting a few more kilometers on a vehicle.
I am hoping this will be my last test and I will get an answer as to why I have so much trouble breathing-now that is an inconvenience.  I will be there for nearly 3 hours so they should be able to come to some conclusion.
Stay dry and warm.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Be safe on your way too and from tomorrow!! I'm with you, the negatives are far out-weighed by the positives with living out in the "sticks"!! Praying they are able to figure out why you can't breathe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get answers to your questions. All the best to you...you are in my prayers.
    Marilyn R.

    ReplyDelete