Monday, January 21, 2019

Hardy Quilters

Quilters are a hardy group.  It was minus 30 c. without the wind chill here this morning. School buses weren't running and the frail were told to stay indoors.  Communities opened up warming centres in public places for those who were homeless or otherwise without a means of keeping sufficiently warm.
On a day like this, you would think anyone who didn't have to be out would  stay snuggled into their homes.  A lot were but not the Burk's Falls Village Quilters.  With the exception of a couple who had other appointments, everyone was there.  And, as always, it was a fun day.  We hadn't been able to celebrate the birthday of one member as she had been away for a few weeks because of family issues so we did that today.  We sang Happy Unbirthday to her and had some lovely squares (non caloric like all quilt group food-hah) and a lot of laughs.
In the midst of that and the various conversations, we did quilt.  I cut out some panel squares and the fabric I was using with it and sewed some it together.  After I had one row done, everyone decided to let me know they didn't like my fabric choice.  Well, duh, couldn't you tell me before I started sewing?  I agreed with them actually and, after I got home, found some that looked a lot better.
I finished quilting a top and am adding the binding and then have one more customer quilt to finish-not counting two that haven't been started but aren't needed right away.
Now it is time to watch some television before going to bed.  Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.
From Facebook:  We are in the midst of a polar vortex.  All those in the south of the province stay in doors.  People living in the north, wear your heavier coat.  (I wore thicker mitts and earmuffs)
Blessings,

1 comment: