Thursday, January 2, 2020

Heidi's Odd Behaviour

Happy New Year plus one.  We went to a neighbour's for New Year's dinner last night and enjoyed a lovely evening.  After we came home, the daughter dropped over to get drinking water from us (they have too much iron in their well) and our Heidi did a really odd thing.  She loves Diana who is her caregiver and groomer and, as is normal, greeted her enthusiastically.  Then she disappeared.  I went to check on her and she was laying on the bed looking like something was wrong.  We couldn't find anything that she had done and finally came to the conclusion that she though hubby and I were going away.  She stayed close by us all evening even after Diana had gone home and slept with her body touching mine all night.  Today she was back to normal but it was rather unsettling.  She has never done that before.
The plough guy did our driveway today which removed a lot of the slippery areas so I was able to go out for a good walk along our road.  One of the young families that live further up the road were out with their young daughter and dog as well.  We have a lot of walkers in our area so it is easy to get to know your neighbours enough to exchange a few words when you see them.  When we lived in Edmonton, I rarely saw anyone out just walking.
My husbands niece is a professional photographer and she just shared some photos on Facebook that she took on Christmas.
I think this one she took of hubby, her young son petting Heidi and myself turned out really nice.  Thanks Jayme (jay.elle.que photography)
I have got one of my UFO's out so I can start working on it tomorrow.  Monday, I will have a new document to share.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Our furry family members really get used to routines and those routines include their preferred humans staying in the proper routine as well. As much as Heidi loves Diana, she loves you more!!

    ReplyDelete