Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Batting on the Windows.

I was just looking at some photos of the fires in Australia.  It is hard to imagine how dreadful it must be there.  All the expertise, work, time, money and energy and it hasn't made a dent.  A lot of quilters are donating blankets or squares and that is good but personally I think the best way we can help is financially.  If you don't have a home, were are you going to put a quilt.  My personal opinion.  It could be receiving a lovingly made quilt might be just the comfort someone needs to help them through.  The bottom line is, if you are in a position to do so, please help.

I have been working on the first item on my UFO list.

It is hard to keep track of the colour combinations that I have used so I am placing one square from each block (some have 3 sections and others 4) on the design wall.  There will be 25 sets when I am done so a long way to go yet.


My hubby is definitely quilt orietated.  He said he thought my car windows looked as though they had batting on them!
Blessings

2 comments:

  1. So horrible for those in Australia!! And to think that 24 people have been arrested for setting the fires!! You are definitely doing a very confusing quilt...definitely called for a design wall!! Well, batting would keep the snow off your car windows!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree regarding those that set the fires. Hard to believe that anyone could be so stupid. Sometimes, unfortunately, it is a volunteer firefighter looking for work. Don't like to wish ill on anyone but I could almost hope that he/she lost their home to the blaze.

      Delete