Friday, January 10, 2020

Hydro Rates

After a frigid day yesterday, it has warmed up again.  I don't have heat in my studio but except on the coldest days it is comfortable.  Heat from the other part of the house comes through the two doors helped by a fan and keeps the room cozy.  I do have an electric fireplace that I could turn on but, except during off peak hydro times, I don't like to use it.
I don't know if other areas of Canada or the world has the same system as we do but it is (like most things) both good and bad.  Our days are divided up so that during peak usage times, our hydro rate is the highest.  We also have mid and low.  Weekends are always low as are stat holidays so that is when I do laundry.  Dishwasher is turned on after 7 p.m. or weekends.  I do have to keep checking the times because they change according to the time of year.  A bit bothersome I know and some people (with more income than us) ignore it but I also think it is another way we can reduce our carbon footprint.
I guess I have said all that to say that I shall be working on my batik quilt today.  Making that UFO list really has been helpful.
Farm Quilter:  I agree with your comment about the Australian fires.  I am praying for a extended downpour even if it isn't the season for it.  With God all things are possible.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I assume by hydro, you are referring to electricity, we get charged the same price per kilowatt used, no matter the time of day/night. Funny how we seem to assume that everywhere does things the same way that we do!! For all I know it could be different in different parts of the United States!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. And I know it is different in other Provinces than Ont. Yes, hydro. I think I picked up that term in Alberta. I think Ont. uses 'power'. Another difference you find around the world-terminology.

    ReplyDelete