Friday, January 31, 2020

Bouncy Dog

Farm Quilter posted that she has the log cabin book I mentioned. Have you made anything from it FQ?  I am really intrigued with some of the layouts.

I am starting to sew the rows of my batik quilt together and once I have the border added, I will be able to mark it as done on my UFO list.  Of course, I will have to add it to another list but I still count it as an accomplishment

This is the first complete day I have home all week.  Yesterday was my once a month get together with 3 friends.  The place were we meet is one of those wonderful 2 storey brick with a verandah.  It is knew but looks like an old farmhouse.  It is beautifully decorated inside with a huge kitchen table which gives plenty of room for the four of us.
Our friend has a very large bouncy dog who manages to keep us grabbing at our fabric, rulers or anything else loose.  He thinks it is great fun having us chase him to get back out stuff.  He is a lot calmer than he was even a month ago.  He is a lovely dog and, as I didn't have a lot of quilting to do, I spent a good bit of time making sure he was getting enough petting.
Heidi was a bit suspicious when I came home with the smell of a strange dog on me but I assured her that she was still #1.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I have not made anything from the book yet...and it is at home in Washington, so it will be a while before I get into it. I do struggle a bit with her patterns because everything seems to need a template and I have to find the template in the back of the book!! I'm actually going to try making a log cabin quilt using my selvage edges I have been saving...I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book called Log Cabin Quilts by Karen Murphy that has a number of log cabin variations. I have made two of the quilts but there are more that I want to try. I would recommend this book also.

    ReplyDelete