Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Log Cabins.

I have finally completed making all the blocks for my batik quilt.  I don't think I mentioned that it was part of Quilt Along name All Stacked Up.  Of course I didn't-quilt along, but have kept at it.  I now just have to sew the sections together to make the completed block section and then the rows.  I am getting curious about how it will look when finished.  I think I am going to give it to friends who are going through a very difficult time.  It will be very colourful and cheerful so will, I hope, help.
We are taking our dog for her yearly check ups this afternoon.  I am not anticipating any problems although I will let him know about her 'clingy' spell.
A friend and I just ordered a log cabin book.  She had a borrowed copy at quilt group yesterday and I have never seen so many variations.  I thought, by now, I was familiar with all of them but, apparently, not.  I can't remember the name of the book at the moment but will look it up before posting this.
I am sure the person who designed the log cabin block never had any idea of how popular it would become of the myriad of variations it would spawn.  It is still one of my favourite blocks and I have it in quilts many times.

The book is Log Cabin Quilt Book by Judy Martin.  There are 100 layouts plus 36 borders.  Worth checking out,
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I love log cabin blocks and there are so many varieties and ways to make a different! I have that book by Judy Martin!! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete