Thursday, January 23, 2020

Frustration

I had a frustrating experience on Wednesday.  I have been editing a book I wrote some time ago (did I tell you this already?) and yesterday got around a 1000 words done.  I highlighted the test to check on the word number and then clicked off the page.  And deleted everything.  I spent the rest of the day trying to get it back but it is gone.  Not even a software program can retrieve it.  So, today I am starting over.  I have all the original notes but I changed the opening and can't remember what I said.
I have to make myself get back at it though or it will all sit in a box for another age.
Did get more done on my quilt top and just have 4 more blocks to make and I can start sewing everything together.




Our Heidi doesn't seem to be feeling well.  When hubby is out doing something, she sits under my chair and won't move.  Then when he comes home, she moves to his side.  She doesn't seem to be unwell but am glad that her check up is next week.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. How incredibly frustrating and heartbreaking to lose all your hard work!! I learned when I was going to university to make a copy of what I wanted to edit and start a whole new document with it. I had to lose a paper before I figured that one out. I hope Miss Heidi gets back to her old self soon...always nice to have a vet visit scheduled when they seem to not feel well. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the book being lost.
    Is Heidi an older dog? Our old boy is doing the same, and we think it's his hearing, coupled with his eyes going too. He feels unsure of his surroundings, so we like to think he just feels more comfortable being around us.

    ReplyDelete