Monday, July 2, 2018

Purple Finch

This has certainly been our year for birds. This little bird has become a regular feeder at our little dollar store plastic tray.  Either he or his wife sort through the millet for the choicer sunflower seeds and them come back for the former when that is all that is left.  His colours are so vivid that he is almost like a flying rose.
It is marginally cooler today and I am feeling a bit better as well.  I did get some quilting done so perhaps life is, somewhat, returning to normal.
It was hard sleeping last night.  I was either waking up because I was too hot or I was coughing.  I was a bit worried about wee Heidi as she was panting so much that I could feel the movement on the bed.  I wiped her with a cloth dampened with cold water in the hopes that would help.  She hates having her feet touched but I did them too.  Today, I trimmed her hair quite a bit.  She still has a inch or so in length to protect her from the sun.  Hopefully, she will feel better today.  I also put a cold pack next to her water dish.  It is important to be extra aware of the needs of our animals and pet friends in this weather. We are trying to leave the chickens out as long as possible as there is a lot of shrubbery for them to hide under and stay cool.
It is supposed to be closer to normal temperatures by Friday.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment