Thursday, July 5, 2018

Poached Fish?

Thank you to Kathleen and Farm Quilter for their humorous responses to my post on reading patterns.  You gave me a chuckle after a long hot day.
I took a quick trip to Huntsville to get a couple of things including some goldfish for our little pond.  I got them before doing my other shopping and was concerned I would have poached fish by the time I got home so popped their container in a cooler bag.  They survived the trip and the jostling and now are happy in their new home.  They look quite pretty swimming around  and hopefully are also eating the mosquito larvae as well.
It has been so warm that the chickens have been reluctant to get back inside the coop in the evening. Tonight, one was particularly stubborn and after going around the coop after her a few times I gave up.  Hubby went out as it was starting to get dark and she was more than willing to scoot inside.
It would be lovely to just leave them outside and that would certainly make our resident raccoons and other critters happy.  We are going to see about installing a fan in one of the walls to help air circulation.
I am really looking forward to the cooler temperatures tomorrow so I can finally get some quilting done.  The studio gets up to nearly 90 even with a fan running.  All those south facing windows are lovely in the winter but not with these temperatures.  Closing the blinds only make the room darker so you have to turn on a light which adds more heat.
Oh, well.  Better than a hurricane.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I get the heat! My quilting room is on the top floor of the farm house, with south-facing windows on the enclosed porch...no light from them, just heat. The farm house was built in 1931, not super well insulated and no AC. I get down to almost my "all together" and get up there early to get anything done. By lunch time I have to quit so I don't drip on my quilts. 5 AM is the perfect time to be up there...still cool and wonderful and I get lots accomplished before I have to head to the shower and down stairs! I've had it over 100 up there and that is just miserable! My choices...a computer system for my longarm or single-room AC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad we didn't live closer, we have an AC we have been trying to give away. It would be nice and quiet in your studio at that time of day but-phew the heat later. You could probably cook your meals up there without using a stove.

      Delete