Monday, July 9, 2018

Boring can be Peaceful

My weekend turned out to be a bit more exciting that I had planned.  On Friday, as it was a bit cooler, I got hubby's assistance in moving a plant.  Not the best time of year for that but it wasn't doing well were it was.  We got the plant over to the new location but the hole we made wasn't big enough.  Hubby enlarged it and then took the clippers to some roots that were left over from a removed tree.  He made a few clips and then, uh, oh.  I asked what was wrong and he replied that he didn't think the last snip was through a root.  He was right.  Some bright child had run the cable for our internet across the lawn and we now didn't have any service.  I called the company, they said they would send a work order to the local guy and he would call and set up at time.
Saturday morning, I took my tablet to the library to alert my friends that I hadn't died but didn't have any internet.  While I was doing that hubby waited by the phone.  No call by the time I got back.  It was probably just as well as we decided we could probably replace the cable ourselves.  Which we did.  It took a bit of figuring out to get the old cable removed from the house and the new one in but we did it.
Hubby was fastening the cable to the house while I stood (sat) by on the deck  in case I was needed.  A sudden gust got under the umbrella and it started to do a Mary Poppins.  I grabbed it but unfortunately the pole was angled sideways through the glass patio table top.  The next thing I knew the glass exploded and the dog levitated from my lap leaving a couple of nice scratches.
Everything is now cleaned up with a wooden top replacing the glass.  The internet is functioning perfectly and I didn't get anything serious from the scratches.
Sometime boring is peaceful.
blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! That was an exciting weekend - way more excitement than needed :)
    Good work on replacing the cable yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So happy all is well and you were able to replace your cable! What did we do before the internet?!

    ReplyDelete