Friday, July 20, 2018

A Lot of Unsewing


I got all my strips sewn together today although there was a lot of unsewing involved.  My first mistake was adding the wrong strip, then I put pairs at the wrong end of a group and, finally sewed the back of a strip to the front of another.  Each error resulted in me taking my seam ripper, a hat and the strips outside to unstitch.  
I think everything is correct now so I can press, cut the strips into sections and sew them together. Hopefully, that is the last of the mistakes but, I doubt it.





I had been using some partially filled bobbins on this project so I can get them ready to be reused.  Fortunately, most of the threads were light coloured so I have quite a number empty now.  There are about half a dozen which will have to be used on darker fabrics.
I did a bit more web design work today as well.  I don't want to let a day go by without doing a bit as I suspect it wouldn't take long to forget all that I have learnt.
Hope you all have a safe and fun weekend,
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I think I would have given up after a while, glad you stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with Barb on this. It would have been my sign to walk away for that session and come back when I was ready to tackle it with a clear mindset.

    Those colour/fabrics are really speaking to me, so I am anxious to see what they become!

    ReplyDelete