Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Garden Visitors

Thank you, Barb and QuiltE for your comments.  My mistakes were fairly easy to correct which was good as I found a couple more blocks with errors.  Basically, all I had to do was remove a row from one end and sew it onto the other.
I have started the final step in putting the quilt top together now.  It took me quite a while before I decided on the fabric that looked best.  I auditioned quite a few and then narrowed it down to two of them.  I then took photos, looked at them on the computer and decided.
I won't be sharing any more photos now until the blog hop and then you will see the finished quilt.  Sorry, you will just have to wait.  If I remember correctly, my post goes up on the 7th of August.
 We have had a couple of turkey families visiting us for past few weeks.  We usually only see them as they are disappearing into the berry bushes.  Yesterday, they were in the open for a bit so  grabbed my camera.  I was able to get this photo of one momma and her young.

This youngster was just ducking out of sight but I was able to catch some of it before it disappeared.  It was easy to follow the progress of the birds as they moved through the bushes as the movement of the plants gave them away.  One of the young turkeys jumped up onto a rural mailbox we have in the wildflower garden.  I think it was trying to see when everyone else had gone.
Lovely having wildlife so close.
We had a really good rainfall today which was really needed.  You could almost hear the plants breathing a sigh of relief.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment