Friday, July 27, 2018

An Unexpected Gift

This lovely creature and his family are regulars at our feeder.  The little ones are now big enough to be getting their own feed but they are still a little nervous of us.  The parent birds pretty much ignore us and flit around our heads as though we were just another tree. The colours on the birds is just spectacular and we are so privileged to have a front row seat.
I got a bit closer to being caught up on my scheduled projects today.  I sent off my magazine article, took some  items to the Art and Crafts Centre for our Saturday yard sale and did a bit more stitching on the quilt which is on the frame.  I also made some freezer jam.
I have only got a few more days to get that quilt done so I need to stay off the computer and get at it.  Also need to stay indoors.  I can't remember when  I have spent so much time outside in the summer.  It is so nice to walk out onto the deck and sit in one of the chairs.  The houseflies are bad right now so a tent of some sort would be nice but there isn't any rush this year.
We are gradually getting our plants moved around to the back of the house.  It will be easier to look after them if they are in one place.
I had the nicest thing happen yesterday while at the 4th Thursday quilting get together with friends.  The husband of one of the women came to see his friend and went downstairs to do their thing while we sewed upstairs.  Some time later, they came back up carrying package.  I didn't pay a lot of attention because I knew one of the couples had just celebrated their anniversary and assumed the gift was for the wife.  Turned out it was mine.  It took me a while to get through the ribbon, paper and box to find a lovely mug.  It had a tape measure on it and a message that said "You always measure up".  It was a thank you gift for me doing the web site for the local jamboree which the two men operated.
It was completely not expected and very appreciated.  People are so nice.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment