Thursday, March 3, 2011

Successful Basting

This quilt is the latest pattern that is available on my web site. It has been designed for a child and, as well as being a nice cuddle blanket, it is also an educational tool.  A child can practise his/her skills counting the various colours.  They can also look for the theme blocks.
I have had a productive day as, in addition to finishing this pattern, I also completed the business plan I was working on.  That has been a big job so it is nice to have it finished so the customer can now apply for financing for her quilt shop. I just have to go over it to check for mistakes and then can send it off.
On Friday, I mentioned that I was going to try to baste a quilt on my long arm frame.  I was successful.  I set the speed control to low and then just moved the machine at a slow pace across the quilt.  The resulting stitches are just under half inch long which will make them easy to remove.  I marked one of the squares and stitched it while watching television in the evening.  I am pleased with the way it is turning out.  Only either more blocks plus sashing and borders to go!
Unless I get this finished much quicker that I've planned, this is my outside summer project-something to work on while I sit in my lounge chair. (I am assuming that we will get summer this year.)
Tomorrow, I have another quilt to go in the frame and this one will be sewn with the machine.  I am steadily getting through my pile of unfinished work.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment