Thursday, March 3, 2011
I have had a productive day as, in addition to finishing this pattern, I also completed the business plan I was working on. That has been a big job so it is nice to have it finished so the customer can now apply for financing for her quilt shop. I just have to go over it to check for mistakes and then can send it off.
On Friday, I mentioned that I was going to try to baste a quilt on my long arm frame. I was successful. I set the speed control to low and then just moved the machine at a slow pace across the quilt. The resulting stitches are just under half inch long which will make them easy to remove. I marked one of the squares and stitched it while watching television in the evening. I am pleased with the way it is turning out. Only either more blocks plus sashing and borders to go!
Unless I get this finished much quicker that I've planned, this is my outside summer project-something to work on while I sit in my lounge chair. (I am assuming that we will get summer this year.)
Tomorrow, I have another quilt to go in the frame and this one will be sewn with the machine. I am steadily getting through my pile of unfinished work.