Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cold and Bright

This morning I woke to a bright and sunny day. A nice change from the continual snow squalls we have been getting.
I was at a community meeting last night and we had a good turn out with lots of positive response so I am happy.  Our rural community, like so many others, is struggling to have a vibrant downtown area.  There are so many little things that could be done but it takes people working together to accomplish it.  Hopefully, last night was the first step in acheiving that.
I also found out that I might be eligble for some grant money for the quilt business I want to develop. That has sent me on a mental happy dance.
I am feeling rested after a good nights sleep and now am looking at all the work that needs to be done.  Isn't it amazing how quickly laundry, dirty dishes and fabric can pile up?  My quilt room looks as though there was an explosion in a material factory.
I got an e mail from a friend this morning and it was so typical of her that I had to smile.  She is one of those women who doesn't just stand in a check out line, or take a taxi or any of the usual activities.  She always gets involved with people.  This morning she was saying that it was quite slippery in Edmonton and, while waiting at the bus stop, she was showing people how to slide their feet rather than step so they didn't fall. 
I always except to see her on you tube conducting inpromptu stretching exercises or something while standing in line at Walmart.  Quite the lady. She keeps life interesting.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment