Monday, June 10, 2019

The Same But Different

The one good result of being ill is that when you have recovered, you feel even better than before.  I have had a cold for a few days and it felt as though it might hang on for a bit.  I still felt draggy this morning although I did get up closer to my normal time.  As the day went on, I realized I felt pretty good.  I am rarely ill more than once a year and it generally does last to long so I am pretty fortunate.  Hubby on the other hand is still not over his cold despite have got it a few days before I did.
I did quite a bit of sewing today.  I discovered that it really isn't a good idea to be working on two quilts at the same time and having both on the cutting table.  I am using black (no surprise) in each and was wondering why I had cut 5" squares for the one to turn into HST's when I normally did 7 inches which made four.  It took me a minute to realize the small squares were for the other project.  I gathered up all the pieces for it and put it into a bag.  


I have shown the photo of the black and white quilt previously but thought you would like to see the one I had made from the same pattern quite a while ago.  It is amazing how different another colour scheme looks. The first layout is on its side and still needs more rows as well as the borders.  I am going to use red in this one as well but not sure just yet about any other colours.



Which version do you like the best?
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment