Friday, June 14, 2019

Carelessness Precedes a Fall

After I had taken the dog outside to do the necessary, I decided it would be a good time to finish setting up my garden gnomes as the sun was shining and wind blowing hard enough to keep the bugs away.  I always enjoy spending the time to put each creature in the right spot and adding the other items that complete the arrangement.  
 This gnome went under a small oak tree along with  his own  outhouse.  Our nephew made that for us this year.  The wooden fence is the back of a Knick knack shelf we picked up somewhere.



The rest of the gnomes go onto the rocks at the edge of the garden.  It is hard to tell from the photo but it is around twenty feet to the top boulder which makes for a lot of place to put the collection.  You can see the church on the right side that was also made by our nephew.  I only had a few more gnomes and accessories to add when I decided to dash myself onto the ground, narrowly missing smacking my head onto the car.
When I am working outside, I always make sure that I am wearing good shoes and carrying my study walking cane.  Because this time it was spur of the moment, I didn't have the cane and when I was put off balance by a thick stem, down I went.  Fortunately, I wasn't hurt.  A scraped knee and jarred body was the only reminder that carelessness precedes a fall.

  I will finish the gnomes later but, this time, I will make sure I prepare properly because I need to get to the top of the rock pile to put the last pieces in place. In the meantime, I will look at these flowers that grow wild at the back of the house.  They insist in growing in bad soil and rocks.  I am just as stubborn as they but, apparently,   more suseptable to injury.
Blessings,



































No comments:

Post a Comment