Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Nap Time

I am getting to that stage of life when an afternoon naps seems more and more inviting.  I don't give in unless the tiredness is accompanied by a headache but I am beginning to think it is a good idea.  Of course, it would be a better idea if the siren call of a nap didn't happen about the time I need to  be getting supper.
Today started off with bright sunshine but then that turned to a heavy rainfall interspersed with drizzle by mid afternoon.  The greyness, I am sure, contributed to the desire to sleep.  I did manage to keep going and I have now finished putting the rows for the black and white quilt together.  I did have to take out one row again as I had it the wrong way round but once I started double checking and then pinning the rest of it went together easily.  I am looking forward to seeing this finished as it has been around for quite a while.
Hubby spent quite a bit of time outside cutting and hauling wood to where it can be split.  I don't know how he stood it.  The mosquitoes and blackflies were terrible today.  I went for a walk just before the rain started and a deerfly bit me on the back of my left hand.  It was swollen and red by the time I got back home.
We had decided to put  our old bug tent onto the deck but when we got it open, we found the fabric was rotten.  I have ordered a gazebo from ebay so hope it gets here before the snow flies.
If you are interested in a quick and easy scrap quilt, check out this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Zf8wuqUb8
Quick and Easy Scrappy
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment