Monday, June 17, 2019

Double Aargh.

I always get my stuff ready for quilt group Monday on Sunday evening.  I know that no matter when I get up or how prepared I am, something will go wrong. Today wasn't any different.  I made it to the van in plenty of time.  Everything was loaded.  I only had to start the vehicle and go.  Except, I couldn't find the key.  Since my vehicle has been laid up, we have been sharing the van and I get to use the spare key which (don't tell anyone) is always kept in  a separate place for me.  This morning, it wasn't.  I looked through everything and it wasn't there.  I even checked my bag in case, for some odd reason, it had fallen into it.  Nope.  Out of the van to yell at hubby, who told me that he had left it on the dash!   Aargh.  Now I am, not late, but no longer have lots of time.
I arrived at the hall and after the usual unloading, helping to set up the room, visit and look at the show and tell items, I turned on my machine.  I had set aside today to sew together the rows of the black and white quilt and I had got over half of them finished before everyone was ready to pack up.  I spread my work out to see how it looked  and a couple of the ladies came over and pointed out I made a mistake. 
When I sewed the last of the blocks together on Sat., I forgot to check which way they were orientated.  The second block had to be set a certain way or the pattern wouldn't work out.
Double Aargh.
Tonight, I am taking the rows apart and then will mark which blocks need turning.  It is too confusing to do it any other way.  Tomorrow is another day. Can I blame today on the head bump I got on Friday?
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment