Friday, May 30, 2014

Mouthwash Bug Repellent

I thought I might have a photo today of the completed place mats but I still have the binding on one to finish.  I had an article to write for our local visitor's guide so I have been alternating between the computer and sewing machine.  This is my usual habit which gives me a chance to stand up once in a while. 
Our vegetable garden is doing well.  I just picked some rhubarb for supper.  Peas are up as are potatoes, lettuce, beets, zucchini and pumpkins.  Come to think of it, that is pretty much all we planted.  Couple of other things but we didn't do a lot of variety.  We did do a lot more tomatoes this year though and the ones we started indoors have flowers on them.
A reader minded me of something I had intended to use as a bug deterrent this year.  I read somewhere that you could mix Listerine (the original type) with something and put it in a spray bottle.  I soaked cotton balls full strength and put them on the window sills.  I found a couple of areas where the mosquitos might have been getting in and sealed them but, just in case I missed something, the Listerine should be a back up.  I also dabbed some on the outside of the door we use the most to discourage mosquitos from zipping in. There seems to be a lot less in the house today so the mouthwash might be working.
It is amazing how many mosquitoes there are this year.  I was looking out the kitchen window this morning and the air looked like it had dandelion fluff floating everyone.  It wasn't dandelions, though, but mosquitos
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment