Friday, November 2, 2012

And Now It Starts

We had our first snow last night.  Warning for new readers!  This is the time of year when I go on and on about how much I love winter, how beautiful it is , how I love being outside on the crisp days, how I...well you get the idea.   This really is my favourite time of year.  I do try to give everyone a break a few times a week and talk about other things such as how cut my dog looks chasing the snow. 
I'm kidding about the last bit although she really does.  Quilting is still my main purpose for this blog so I do focus on that.  The latest edition of the Quilt Pattern Magazine came out yesterday.  This is an e mag and I have a monthly column.  I have been a writer for eons but it is still a thrill to see my words in print.  The quilt I used to illustrate the article is one that is in my book and I am glad to see it reproduced clearly.  When you are taking photos for e publications that will be printed, you have to be extra careful about crispness.  My book will be downloadable; first time doing that, so it is a 'learn as you go' process.
News reports show that conditions are still pretty difficult in the areas that were most affected by Sandy.  I know everyone is doing there best to restore hydro, provide shelter etc. but it must be scary for those living in the situation as the weather gets colder. 
I have made a huge pot of stew this morning and it is simmering on the wood stove.  I am going to spend the rest of the day working on a quilt top and the stories for the book. 
My sister arrives from England today to visit her son and his family.  I will be going to see them later on this month.
Stay safe.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment