Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Room With a View

I really like the light in this photo.  I took it from the mudroom steps in the late afternoon.  This is our view from the dining room window.  All the time my husband and I are eating, we are looking out the window at the scenery.  The day before yesterday, we saw a doe with her fawn.
Each room gives us a different view.  My quilt room looks over the back of the property, the living room faces the bush side as well as the driveway.
This morning we woke to an additional 10 inches of snow.  The driveway has been plowed so we can get out but there isn't any reason.  My husband is busy grinding mean and I will turn it into sausage patties later today.  In the meantime, I am doing a mini organization in the quilt room.  As I am lessening my fabric stash, I have more room to put books etc.   I know this won't last long.  I am sure new fabric will soon start filling the shelves; especially after I come back from a quilt retreat in April where visiting quilt stores is on the agenda.
The free foundation pieced block is on my web site now.  It is a great pattern for using up scraps.
Just two more days to take advantage of my free pattern offer. 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment