Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bored Chickens!!

We took our tree down today and did some general tidying up.  I am trying to resist the impulse to start sorting something. The urge to do a clear out of unnecessary stuff seems to come with the new year but I don't have time.  I have a magazine article to finish and a pattern to complete for my web mistress.  She made a lovely quilt for her parents and I am writing up the pattern so she can sell it.
Speaking of patterns: in case you missed it yesterday, I am offering you your choice of free patterns from my web site.  Details are on yesterday's posting.  This is in honour of passing the 50 mark in followers.

It is a bit dreary today but definitely warmer.  Yesterday when I was in the village picking up the mail,  I went to the grocery store and bought some half price veggies for the chickens.  Apparently they get bored in the winter as they are cooped up (pardon the pun) and don't have anything to do.  The magazine we read suggested buying some small cabbage for them to peck at.  We only had huge ones at the store so I figured some yellow beans would keep them interested for a bit. The things you learn! Perhaps I could teach them to do the ironing.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment