Friday, April 30, 2010

Rocks

I like rocks.  I like the big, granite sturdy ones, the small, colourful sparkly ones and all those in between.  When we lived in Edmonton, I was always on the look out for a nice rock to add to my garden and my husband would always bring back one or two when he went hunting.
Now we live in Ontario on part of the Cambrian shield and I have my very own home grown rocks-thousands of them in every shape and size.  I have a rock garden, rock borders and rock backdrops.
Roger has learnt that if he wants me to go slower when we are out for a walk, all he has to do is point out a piece of quartz.  It is hard to move very quickly when you are scanning the ground for something else that is special.
Once our garage is up, I am going to start making concrete paving stones studded with my favourite sparklies.

I would also like to have a water feature somewhere.  This photo shows the view from our living room window.  These rocks are about a quarter of the ones that were removed when the hole was dug for the foundation.  Can't you visualize a nice stream of water flowing down these and into a pool. 
Have a great weekend.
blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna,

    We still have our "Pet" rocks you gave us the last time we saw you. Must bring it back to visit you soon.

    Love Helenx

    ReplyDelete