Thursday, April 29, 2010

Frost on the Pumpkin?

Our lovely early spring seems to be undecided as to whether (pardon the unintentional pun) it wll continue.  Our temperatures dropped a bit last night and I woke this morning to see some frost on the ground.  I had planted some flowers yesterday and transplanted a few more trilliums but they all seem to be okay. 
Of course, those of you in the west have had some worse weather with the snow.
We need rain here and it is predicted for the weekend so I am hoping we do get it.  My brother and his wife are moving on Friday but sunshine is predicted for that day.
Have you ever noticed how we want a certain type of weather but only when it is convenient for us?  Scientists are always trying to figure out how to control the weather.  Can you imagine what would happen if they were successful and you could purchase 'sunshine or rain for a day'.  You think noisy children and barking dogs make for problems amonst neighbours?  What if I want rain for my garden the same day you were planning to sun tan?  Would someone have to set up a priority list?  Is an outdoor wedding more important than moisture for crops?  I am glad that we don't have the choice.
I am making a vegetable stew in the slow cooker today to take for my brother and SIL's supper tomorrow.  I am making good progress on the wedding quilt and may get the top done before leaving for our holidays the middle of May.
Have you planted your vegetables yet?  I will be getting some in next week.
blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment