Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Invisible Kitty

 I am loving the warmer temperatures.  We are at plus one C today.  Freezing rain fell through the night which caused a couple of quick power outages and then, this morning it began to snow.  All those lovely, soft flakes stuck to every surface turning our forest into a fairyland.  The snow has also make it easier to walk so there was a problem when hubby went to tend the chickens and I shovelled  (spell check doesn't like the word shovelled for some reason.  This it should be hovelled which, as far as I know, isn't a word!)  the path.

I had a nasty scare yesterday morning.  I am looking after my neighbours kitty while they are away.  When I get there, kitty usually cones to see me and we have a little visit and chat.  Yesterday, she didn't do that so I went looking for him.  Looked everywhere.  No kitty.  I was just beginning to fear the worst when I saw a movement on one of the chairs.  Colby is a Russian blue and blends in perfectly with the upholstery.  

I have been sorting through all the tops I have and deciding which one I want to do next.  I have really let everything get out of control these past few months-two much time spent reading.  As I get older, I know I will have less and less energy so I need to get organized and keep it that way.  I am sure I have said that more than once!


 

2 comments:

  1. The snow sure is WET. Dog and I walked up the road a piece and had to turn back as I was totally white and soaked through!
    I wish I could spend more time at the machine and get these two quilts finished. About ten minutes is all I can handle right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be able to do more as the days go by, Karen. Does the cold weather make it harder for you? I have some arthritis in my left hand but fortunately it isn't a problem.

      Delete