Monday, February 21, 2022

The Local Quilt Group.

 I am still feeling a bit down after the death of my friend closely followed by the passing of another friends father.  One of my favourite quotes (is it a quote when you coined it yourself) is, The amount of hurt you feel following someone's death is equal to the love you had for them.

Today was our quilt group day.  They are such a wonderful group of talented, caring, intelligent women and being with them again is one of the best post covid 19  benefits. Sometimes, it takes a while for us to get the machines turned on because we are sharing things that we experienced over the preceding,  week: quilts made, patterns found, grandchildren's antics, pets latest silliness.  I often think that the machines and fabric are meant to trick our husbands so we can just get together.  One of the ladies is always coming up with the most interesting quilt patterns or crafts. Another astounds us with her skill. Each one contributes to the laughter.

If you belong to a quilt group, I am sure you know what I am talking about and appreciate your group as much as I do mine.  Women quilting together has been going on for many many years and I really hope it continues for at least as many more.

Anna

1 comment: