Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Still Cleaning

 I am at the point in my studio cleaning where I have to decide what to do with a lot of bits and pieces.  Am I really going to finish the top that has only 3 completed blocks?  Should I save the left over fabric from a completed quilt in case I have to do a repair?  Do I really need  bags of scraps that are barely 2.5 inches square?  A definite no to the last one.

I have found a lot of fabric that I forgot I had and a number of blocks that that didn't get finished.  Some of the later will be put together for a table runner.  Others will be given away.  I have a quilting friend who will take almost any fabric and turns them into wonderful scrappies.  

We had a lovely get together at quilting yesterday.  I haven't laughed that long or as hard in ages.  It is  so nice when a group of people can get together and just have fun.  We did quilt and also discussed how to honour a friend who is now in hospice but even the latter was done with respect and caring.

Tomorrow, I have another meeting.  This one is for the Art Club.  It will be the first one with the new executive so I don't have to do anything but attend.  It will be an odd feeling after being President for quite a while.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment