Thursday, February 10, 2022

A Voice from the Past

Sorting is exhausting.  I am now emptying totes and sorting through the contents. Thankfully, there isn't very many of them but the ones I have, have been catch alls for just about anything.  I think I really need to start turfing or donating a lot of my loose patterns as I rarely look at them and then only for reference.  It is just so much easier to go on line and do a search.  Perhaps a new quilter will appreciate them.

My other problem is that I do a lot of non quilting so I have patterns for clothing, toys, purses (lots of purses) doll and dog clothing and so on. I don't want to toss them out, just in case....  I am sure you understand.

I had an interesting email today.  When my son was a young lad, I had a good friend whose daughter was the same age as him.  As often happens in life, people move, circumstances change and we lost contact although I often thought of her.  Today, I got an email from her daughter.  What a lovely surprise.  I knew her mother had died some time ago as I keep an eye on the obituaries from the city where we both lived.  The daughter had been trying to locate me for a while and recently tried again.  I do hope she stays in contact.
It really touched me that I had had such an impact on someone's life that it had carried on to the next generation.  You never know, do you?
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment