Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Valentine Gifts

 One of the changes a person experiences more frequently as they get older, is the loss of family members and friends.  In the past year, 3 people who were either members of our  quilt group or was married to one of  them, have died.  The most recent was one in the morning on Sunday.  This lady was one of my first friends after hubby and I moved to Ontario so, although it wasn't unexpected, her passing has been difficult to accept.  Everyone in the group have, as usual, been supportive of any idea that would honour our friend and the decision was made to make a donation to our local hospice in her name.   I have been trying to think of something I could do myself and I may make a quilt and name it after her.  It will have to have cats on it as she definitely loved cats.

I haven't got any quilting done today as other things were taking my time but I did get quite a bit of cutting done yesterday at group.  I took a lot of fabric scraps and cut them into 5 inch squares or 2.5" strips.  The scraps left over from that were donated to one of the members who makes a lot of hexie quilts.

Hubby gave me a nice bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day as well as some blue cheese.  That might seem to be an odd gift to some people but I love cheese so I found it thoughtful and perfect.  He even went the extra mile and made a special supper.  Tonight it is my turn to cook one for him.

We are having a lovely day with a cozy temperature of minus nine C and sunshine.  I felt like I could walk forever but then I wouldn't have been back in time to get supper.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment