Monday, January 31, 2022

Freedom for Who?

If you live in Canada or hear Canadian news report, you no doubt have heard about the truckers protest.  It started out being about one thing, but as support grew, it morphed into a less concise purpose.  Most of the banners and chants are about freedom.  As much as I support people's right to peacefully protest, I can't see that these people have any right to complain.  The majority of Canadians (82%) have willingly taken the vaccine's, wear masks and maintain social distancing.  I would be more supportive of the protest if stores, daycare centers, food banks and shelters were not closed out of fear for what might (and has) happened.

Now for a less divisive topic.  I am continuing to sort out my studio.  Today I went through the bin of tops that I have been asked to quilt.  I checked to see which had backing, which needed more work and how much batting I will need.  These quilts were made by members of the Burk's Falls Village Quilters and will be donated where needed.

I finished up a wall hanging of my own and only have to add the sleeve and it will be ready for my Christmas sales.   It is a lot warmer today.  We have gone from minus 31C to minus 4 in a couple of days.  Tomorrow, we are supposed to get above freezing.  I think it is time to dig out my car and get it started,

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment