Friday, February 11, 2022

Almost Worthwhile.

 I am not sure if I am making a lot of progress in my sorting.  Every time I look around, there seems to be the same amount of mess as before.  I can perhaps take comfort that each day the mess consists of different things.  Today, I emptied the last of the totes and reorganized the contents.  I also took all the competed projects from the chest, photographed them and returned them to where they were.  I took the photos with my tablet so they are easy to access.  I now know exactly what I already finished and ready to sell or donate.

One of the drawers in my under the machine cabinet was chock full of self made kits.  I had forgotten about them.  I think they will be donated to an unsuspecting quilt friend or charity shop.

My habit of not throwing things out did pay off in one area.  A quilt I made 10 or fifteen years ago is fraying at the top binding.  I didn't know about double binding then so the place that got the most wear wore out.  I found, what I think, will be enough of the right fabric to replace the binding.  Almost makes all the work worthwhile.

One of the totes that are full of, yet to be sorted, scraps.  They will become either 2.5" strips or 5" squares.

I am planning on going through and discarding a lot of patterns shortly.  Anyone interested in them?

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment