Saturday, February 19, 2022

Hand Written Letters.

 While working on my never ending project of cleaning my studio, I came across an article I had written for a a newspaper.  It was about writing-hand writing, a letter to someone and what it means to the recipient.  I must have written it pre computer days as when I mentioned how phone calls have taken over as a means of communication, there wasn't any reference to emails.  I am far more likely to send off a quick email to someone rather than phone.  In fact, I am inclined to think that those who don't have an email account are a nuisance.  I rarely text as I am too slow and so is my cell service.  There are days when I do seem to be making phone call after phone call but it is usually because of a particular circumstance such as recently  putting together a memorial donation for our quilting friend.

I have a friend that, whenever I send her and email, she phones me.  I find it an amusing and endearing habit-partly because I am always glad to hear her voice.  There are times when nothing can take the place of a person's voice unless it is their physical presence.  When the worst of Covid was creating havoc around the world, we longed to see the face of our loved ones.  This was especially true for those who were in nursing homes and similar faculties.  I have said this many times before that I am so appreciative of being able to talk to my family via Skype, Facebook messaging etc.

I think it would be wonderful if we all made a promise to ourselves to send our one lovely, long hand written letter this year.  It would be lovelier if we did it once a month.  Something to think about.

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment