Saturday, February 5, 2022

Whose Woods These Are I Think I Know


A few days ago, we had one of those large flake, fluffy snowfalls that stick to everything, totally changing the landscape.  They usually don't last long as the wind arrives and the trees are blown clean.  However, this time there hasn't been even the slightest breeze so  the trees have maintained their covering.  When I go for a walk, it is like being in the midst of a painting.  I can't help but think of Robert Frost's poem as I go past the snow filled woods.








 On a much less beautiful sight, this is my studio.  Every surface is piled high with fabric to be sorted, saved or discarded.  The cardboard rectangle is the way I store the fabric.  It is approx. 10" by 12" and is used for yardage.  Anything smaller than a yard goes on a smaller rectangle and is stored on a different shelf.  In amongst the mess is a box of quilt tops which will be left in an assessable and visible place to remind me to do them.



I am sure your room is much less messy but if you would like to share a photo and your plan to deal with it, I would love to share it with others.  In the meantime, one step at a time.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. When I'm in the thick of it, mine looks pretty much the same. I'm trying to keep things to a dull roar these days. Rubbermaid bins are my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning landscape and then you show MY quilting mess on your blog...that is the way it is when we create!!

    ReplyDelete