Tuesday, October 1, 2019

A Great Find

The cold I have had for nearly a week seems to be almost over and I have been able to get back doing some things.  The quilt on my frame is about a quarter finished.  It probably would be done but my thread keeps breaking.  Tomorrow I will have to check a few things and see what is causing the problem.  I have already changed the needle and checked the encoder wheels but there is still a few more areas that can cause problems.
While changing the needle I found I found  the allen wrench that loosens the little nut which hold the needle in place was starting to wear out.  The edges had begun to wear off and I couldn't get the nut tight enough. As we were going to town, it was a good time to see if I could find another.  I checked out a hardware store but they only had a set with about a million different sizes and I wasn't going to pay 15.00 for that when I only needed one.  Then we stopped at a buck twenty five store and my husband found exactly what I needed and it works perfectly.  Yay.
It was really warm today-almost 30 C but it changed on our way back home.  The sky had begun to darken as we were finishing our shopping and by the time we had travelled 30 or so kilometers, the skies open and the rained came down in a deluge.  The wipers could barely keep the windshield clear enough to see and, of course, there was so much water on the road hydroplaning was a real possibility.  Hubby slowed right down and we chugged along for a bit and then the rain slowed and stopped just as we turned off the highway. We were even able to unload the van without getting wet.
A lot of the leaves came down with the rain but I did get a few photos when we went for a walk yesterday.  My sister has a couple of beautiful birch trees on her property and they make a lovely contrast with fall colours.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment