Tuesday, October 8, 2019

A New Toy

I have a new tablet.  It just arrived in the mail today and now I am trying to get everything set up.  WiFi is always a problem because of the password.  I got one a slightly bit bigger than the previous device and am now downloading the manual so I can start getting familiar with all the options.
I also ordered some Aurifil thread from Sew Karen-ly Created.  I started using that brand when I was an Ambassador for Island Batik and like the way it handles.  Previously, I used King Tut, YLI and Glide but Aurifil will now be included as one of my favourites.  I use 40wt. thread as it is the same as my bobbin thread and it saves a lot of tension adjusting.  I usually prefer my thread to blend with the fabric rather than stand out so a lighter weight works well for that.
I am just finishing up the binding for a customer quilt and making some next scarves for a Scout group so am back at serious sewing.  It is good to be feeling healthy again.
Hubby, little dog and I went for a walk after supper.  The bush is especially lovely this time of year with as many brightly coloured leaves on the ground as there is on the tree.  The special fall smell was particularly evident as we walked along the trail through to my sister's property, down her
driveway and back up ours.  Got back in time for our dessert and to watch the news.
A lovely day.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment