Thursday, October 17, 2019

Groups Closing

If you belong to any Yahoo groups you have probably heard that they (Yahoo) is ceasing many of the benefits such as photos, files, and even the ability to join a group (you have to be invited).  As a consequence, all the ones I belong to are shutting down.  I expect I will do the same with mine although I hate to take that step.  Hands2Hearts has provided me with a lot of support, fun and information.  Closing it down is going to be like saying good bye to a dear friend.  Most of the committed members of the group have moved over to our other one-A Scrappy Life so we will be continuing to keep in touch and share.
It seems that participation in groups is waning.  Some have moved to Facebook but I don't find that there is as much closeness in those.  And, of course, a lot of people don't like Facebook. I find that, as I get older, I am having more decisions taken away by an individual or group that decides they know best.  I understand that if they own something they have the right but I don't have to like it.
Fortunately, I am still in control of my quilting.  I loaded my granddaughter's quilt today and hope to have that finished by tomorrow.  Then I can complete the binding and get them sent off next Tues.  Cutting it a bit short but I think I can get it done.
Do you belong to a Yahoo group?  Is it closing down?  What do you think your next step will be?
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I belong to several groups on Yahoo...all of them are going because Yahoo is taking away the platform. All Yahoo groups will be no more before the end of the month. I used to like them and read/post them all the time, but having the posts show up on my Facebook feed when I'm checking out what family and friends are doing is easier. Makes me sad when things like this change, but I guess it wasn't making money for Verizon any more so it will be gone.

    ReplyDelete