Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Yellow finch and Bluejays add Colour to the Garden.

We got quite a bit of work done today. I was thinking while my hubby was outside cutting trees into workable lengths that as soon as one winter is over, you start getting ready for another.  A neighbour came over later in the day and cut down about 20 more trees that were either leaning toward the house, dead or in the way of where we want to put a shed.  They will also become firewood.
I got some of my winter clothes put away and summer ones put in the closet.  Still have more to hang but I have got started anyway.  I put quite a few articles in a pile to be given away but still have far more than I need.
I transplanted a few perennials bit still have more of them to do.  I am moving some from what started out to be a rock garden and ended up as a home for wild raspberries.  They seem to be almost impossible to control so I will give them that area and perhaps they will crowd themselves out.
I did a bit more work on the customer quilt and finished the binding on another so I can mark that one off.
I am finding it hard to stay inside on these lovely sunny days.  The bugs will be arriving soon so I want to enjoy the outdoors as much as I can now.  I have my hummingbird feeder out although it is a bit early.  A friend has already had a visitor to hers so I am ready just in case.  We had a beautiful yellow finch at the regular feeder today and I could here the bluejays although they didn't make an appearance.  I usually get a couple of pairs hanging around so perhaps they are busy building their nests right now.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment