Monday, May 20, 2019

Victoria Day Happenings




It is rare that I meet a quilter and don't feel an immediate kinship.  Such was the case on Saturday when I was at our art centre's grand reopening.  I dropped in for (what was to be) a few moments to see how things were going and ended up being there for nearly an hour.  As I was leaving, I heard one of the visitors mention 'quilting' and popped right back in.  She was a new quilter but was already addicted.  I mentioned there was a group that met in the village and gave her the information about it and my card.
I have often done this without seeing the person again but this lady showed up today and immediately fit right in.  Even bought us some Timbits.  Now that is a lady with the right attitude!  
She is not a full time resident yet but we are hoping that changes.  
I am making little mug and snack mats.  They are fun to make and a nice quick project.
I also tried doing something a bit different and made a little slide show with some of my quilt pictures.  If you would like to see it, just click on the arrow on the block.






Hope you had a safe and happy Victoria Day weekend,
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Lovely new slide show and the elephant at the end was soooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete