Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Blessing of Friends

I finished my customer's quilt this evening and it will be delivered tomorrow.  Have a label to put on another one so it can be sent off.  I  have two more orders to be finished but one isn't needed until Christmas so I have some breathing room.
In the meantime, I will get another UFO finished.  I bought a book on lap quilts recently and there are so many in there that I would like to make.  There always seems to be more projects than hours, doesn't there.
It was cool enough to need the wood stove lit this morning.  It has been a slow getting temperatures up to where they should be for spring which is hard on the farmers.
Are you having any problems with your Facebook account?  Mine has been slow loading and now I can't access my messages.  I have to go to yahoo mail and click onto Messenger from there.  Not sure what is happening with it.  If I am the only one, I will have to get my tech guy to have a look at it.

We have now been on our little bit of country glory for 11 years.  We arrived in May of 08 on the 24th.  It is hard to believe that much time has passed already but it also seems we have been here much longer.  There have been a lot of changes on our road.  Most of the properties have been sold and a number of the houses have changed hands.  Four neighbours have died-two of them were close friends and not of an age where it was to be expected.  I expect we will see a lot more changes as time goes on.
We left behind a lot of good friends when we moved here but have gained many more.  For that we are grateful.  I hope you, too, have many friends to share your life even if they are a different species.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous photo....can't live in this world without good friends

    ReplyDelete