Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Young Techie

There isn't anything like a rainy day to get you working in the house.  When the warmer, sunnier weather arrives, I like being outside which means housework and, more importantly, quilting doesn't get done.  I always hope for at least one icky day to catch up.
I finished getting out the last of my summer clothes although they aren't ready to be put in the closet yet.  The amount of winter clothing I have seems to have increased since the fall and I had trouble getting them all stored away.  I did set aside quite a lot to be given away but it doesn't seem to have made much difference.
I almost have half the quilt on the frame done.  I was having a bit of trouble with skipped stitches even though I had done all the usual check list of steps.  I then remembered a member of the Grace on line forum mentioning that we shouldn't have our quilts pulled too tightly.  This is a bad habit of mine.  So I loosened the side clamps a bit and Gracie is now humming along without a stutter.
I have made an appointment to talk to a techie at our local library to see if she can get my phone and watch synced.  She is a young girl-just the right age to know all these things so am hopping she will be able to figure out the problem.  I am just stymied with this thing.
Got to Skype with my sisters this afternoon which is always special.  So, all in all a nice day.  Tomorrow, we are off to Huntsville to get the results of a medical test and do some shopping.  It is supposed to be another wet day so I am hoping to get the customer quilt all but finished.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I crank my backing down too. I rarely have a problem with it, but I'll keep that in mind in case I do...crank it down, then back off a titch!! Glad you are all sorted out there and that Saturday with the Techie will get the watch and phone to sync!!

    ReplyDelete