Thursday, May 23, 2019

Rain Check

After two days of lovely weather, it was followed by another of rain.  This was my cue to bake.  I made some cookies for hubby and muffins for me.  I haven't baked either for such a long time I had to carefully watch the recipes.  I must have concentrated enough as they turned out alright.
I got a few other odds and ends done as well.  I wanted to move my computer stand a couple of inches to the right so I could sit more centred with the keyboard.  With the help of my burly hubby, I got that done.  The new position works so much better.  I was always either hitting the wrong keys or having my mouse drop off the tray.  I can also see out the window better so if company arrives I will know before the dog starts barking-theoretically,
I was supposed to be away helping a friend today but as some of the day would have been spent going back and forth to her vehicle we decided it wouldn't be much fun in the rain.  We took a rain check (Ha!) and will try again tomorrow.
The trees are really starting to green up as are my berry plants.  I am really anxious to see how they do this year.  They were planted in the fall so this will by my first season for the fruit.  We won't get a lot for a couple of years but I am hoping for a few.  the proper name is haskaps if you would like to look them up.


We are also planning for some new arrivals as our little banty chicken is sitting on some eggs.  It is amazing how many she can get under herself especially as they are regular sized eggs.  If all goes well, we should have some little chicks near the middle of June.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the introduction to haskaps!! I have never heard of them, now I'm trying to find out how to get both a cultivar and pollinator!! I hope to be seeing pictures of your chicks come June!!!

    ReplyDelete