Tuesday, May 21, 2019

A Day of Accomplishments

Isn't it nice when you have a day where you feel you have accomplished something.  I transplanted some of my day lilies (still a lot more to go), got a quilt half finished (lots of appliques so lots of rolling back and forth), made half a dozen mug mats and did some work on a web page.  I also went for a nice long walk with our wee dog.
I was surprised and pleased that I was able to both go for the walk and then the gardening right after.  Last year, I could barely make it to the driveway before I had to stop and try to breathe.  I am not back to normal but so much better that I am not complaining.
I have been watching the news report about the fire in northern Alberta.  We have so many friends in that Province that anything that affects it is a concern.
Our trees have a nice crown of green now.  The leaves aren't very big but they are there.  We seem to get a different bird each day.  Today, a little yellow finch joined the hummingbirds, jay, grosbeak and  sparrows.  The blackflies have also made an appearance but, although they are a nuisance, they aren't biting yet.  Tomorrow, I hope to get the garden planted and my favourite lounge chair plus the umbrella put up on the deck.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment