Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Top Finished.

Today feels as though it were more productive than yesterday which is odd because I slept in.  I finished the top for my mother-in-law's lap quilt.
The diagonal strips were cut crosswise from striped fabric and I really like the result.  I didn't have enough fabric to mitre the corners which would have been a better finish.  I am backing it with flannel to make it extra cozy.
I took Heidi for a nice long walk in the afternoon.  The wind was really cold but the sun was shining so it was nice to get outside.  I am trying to add a little more distance each time to build up my stamina again.  I haven't been able to get out much this winter because of the conditions and my breathing problems.
One of my web site customers needs his design updating and I have been trying to remember what I did and where everything had been filed.  I spent a good bit of the afternoon on that and finally got it all figured out.  I renamed some folders and made notes on how a program works so I won't (hopefully) have that problem again.
I have one person signed up for the Quilt Along already.  If you would like to submit your email now, that would be okay.  The deadline for signing up will be the end of March.
Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. I like the stripes also, and flannel sounds perfect for the backing. Also please add me to the quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt - love the sashing!! I'm looking forward to the quilt along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to your quilt along. Please sign me up. My e-mail is mmwillmon@aol.com. Thanks. Mabel Willmon

    ReplyDelete