Friday, March 15, 2019

Pieced Borders

I have been feeling undermotivated the past few days.  A few things have been accomplished but not anything about which I felt excited.  I did finish a customer quilt.  This top was hand pieced by my customer's aunt.  It was only about half done but she wanted to keep it so I put it together and did a simple leaf pattern quilting.  I added a bit of decorative stitching to the binding for interest.


It will look nice draped over a couch or the foot of a bed.  


I was hoping to quilt my mother-in-law's lap blanket next but didn't have any suitable backing so took a look through my UFO's to see what I could find.    I unearthed this panel and the fabric I had stored with it and decided this was a good time to finish it.  I have always wanted to do a quilt with different pieced borders and that will be perfect for this project.
Hubby dug out the snowshoes today so we are planning on a bit of a jaunt tomorrow -probably through the bush.  The sap has started running so he needs to get the trees tapped. It will have to be done while wearing snowshoes because of the depth and softness of the snow.  It should be a good run this year.
Blessings, 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful find you dug out. That panel looks like you pieced it.
    I live in central-ish Texas & the rain has nearly floated our homes & animals away but today was the first time the sun came out for the whole day. I just stood out on the patio, raised my arms to the sky and thanked God for a glorious day.
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, yes, Rhonda, it is always good to recognize God's blessings to us.

    ReplyDelete